Mohapeloa completed ‘Liba-seholo (N.T.T.C.)’ in 1975, publishing it in Cape Town in 1976 as song No. 13 of 25 in Meluluetsa ea Ntšetso-pele le Bosechaba Lesotho (Anthems for the Development of the Lesotho Nation). The college, now called Lesotho Teachers’ Training College, was a project of Unesco initiated in 1973 to address the lack of teacher training in Lesotho. (The University of Lesotho at Roma had been founded in 1945.) Mohapeloa started the music department at NTTC in 1978, and as the text of the song shows, he was well aware of the social need for, and the technical specifics of, teacher training.