Morija was one of the first Christian (Evangelical Lutheran) missions in Lesotho, established by the Paris Evangelical Missionary Society (PEMS) in 1833, becoming a major regional centre for schools, teacher training and publishing. Mohapeloa spent most of his life there, working as a proof reader in the printing press, conducting choirs, raising a family, and composing in his spare time. He is also buried there. The place is revered in the memory of many Basotho because of the reputation of its institutions for training teachers and priests, hence the metaphor of the ‘fountain’ in this song, and the sturdily western harmonic style. The text also refers to the Makhoarane plateau above Morija, a rich source of spring water, and the lakes fed by this water attracted many wild animals, also referred to in the song.